As you know, the first half of my year will be spent traveling with Remote Year. So in order to plan a teeny bit instead of flying by the seat of my pants which has been my MO (and has turned out completely fine, by the way. Overplanning is overrated), I drafted a 6 month travel bucket list. As I used to tell my teams at my old job, this is a fluid document and is subject to revisions and updates at any time.
- Visit Batu Caves.
- Eat something weird (as defined by me. Bull Penis Soup is on the menu for an event on Wednesday and that is not going anywhere near my mouth).
- Stop having literature ADD and actually finish a book.
- One week in paradise – lose the watch, forget what day it is.
- Hike Machu Picchu.
- Visit Lake Titicaca and message my family Groundhog Day jokes.
- Make friends with a llama or an alpaca.
- Set aside time every day to write.
- Decrease checked bag size to 18 kg.
- Become a wine snob.
- Visit Mendoza to achieve ^^
- Learn to salsa.
- Buy a pair of fabulous heels in which to salsa.
- I have two months in Argentina. Go on a one-on-one date with everyone in Remote Year.
- Have a 10 minute conversation comfortably in Spanish.
- See a penguin up close.
- Stay up all night.
- Focus on saying ‘See you on the road’ and not ‘Goodbye.’